We have successfully navigated the public bus system from Singapore to Jahore, Malaysia! At times it was doubtful because you have to get off the bus 3 times going through customs, but we made it! The worst part were the taxi drivers who would stop us at each of the three places and tell us that the bus wouldn't be there, but that they could drive us for like $10 USD, which is really expensive for the short ride! Lewis was great at finding out where to go when I was so ready to jump in a cab with AC!
After the journey to the Malaysia bus station we knew we were in for a ride, 2.5 hours, so we were forced to use the public toilets! I managed to find an American style toilet, but there were shoe prints all over the seat-that takes some serious balancing! This meant I was forced to squat over that toilet, and after using my toilet paper (that I had to buy) I ran out of that bathroom as quickly as possible! Oh, I forgot to mention, I had to PAY for the privilege of that bathroom trip!
Now we're in a taxi on the way to Mersing, where we will hopefully catch a boat to Tioman Island and hit the beach for a week or so...if we're lucky it will all work out! Oh, did I mention that we may die in this taxi? It's a freaking monsoon outside, and who knows if the driver can see! I'm just not looking! It's a 2.5 hour ride, so hopefully the rain will stop soon.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment