Sunday, August 3, 2008

Food Venders


Eating around here can be a real adventure. I have been going to a European style cafe for breakfast, but for the rest of the day it's fruit markets and street vendors, because it's so dang cheap! This picture shows a rather more elaborate set-up than is often the case. Usually street vendors sell one type of food - noodle soup, satay (grilled meat on a stick), pad thai, or something like that. These places don't have running water, and the meat just sits out, so it's hard to pick one that seems least likely to have bacteria - I am much less adventurous than Lewis was! And everything is made with dried fish and fish sauce - it makes for a different sort of flavor, depending on how much is used. The past couple of days I hve leaned much more heavily toward the fruit market, and bought a baguette and some cheese!

No comments: