I decided after walking for hours today I'd treat myself to a foot massage (1 hour, $3). I walked into the place, and two girls were sleeping in the chairs. Absolutely asleep-and these were the employees, at only 2pm! I asked for a foot massage and after some sleepy pointing, I was shown back to a room with more chairs. My anticipation was that this massage would be like a Thai foot massage. The same poster with all the foot pressure points was hanging on the wall, and the foot washing started the same...but I don't know after that. Maybe the girl was asleep, or maybe she really didn't know what she was doing, but she kind of just randomly rubbed my legs and feet. It wasn't even symmetrical in its "technique" or timing! It felt really nice, but somehow lacked the professional quality I have come to expect from Thailand. Or, maybe it is just one more way the Lao people are more laid back and relaxed...though that may be overly generous!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment