
One of the things that makes the cities here so colorful is the monks! They all wear the bright orange cloths wrapped around them like oragami, and seem to always have a smile for everyone. I thought it would be cool to have a picture of these boys from behind, but then they turned around an saw Kate and I following them with our cameras...I felt a little odd, and hoped I wasn't insulting them or breaking a rule! I waited until they turned around and snapped this really quickly!
Tonight we're going to a Ladyboy Cabaret Show, which should be interesting...Here it is quite common and acceptable for men to dress as and be like women. It is not a main component of the society, but it's elaborate! Sometimes it's hard to really tell if it is a man or woman, especially because many of the Asian men are so petite! They don't get sex-change operations, but just express themselves this way. I always figured it'd be really funny if Lewis tried to hit on a Thai woman and it ended up being a ladyboy. (Not that I want him hitting on anyone...but it WOULD be funny if he was fooled!) If it's not too dark, I'll try to get a picture or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment