I got so excited about writing what our 5 star accomodations were like I forgot to write about the whole thing yesterday! The reason I said "aaaaah...ouch" was because I went for my first massage since we've gotten here. I was so excited, and paid for the oil massage - I didn't realize that when it says oil massage it traditionally implies "sweedish oil massage" and is more than a traditional thai massage. I guess the missing word was important because I had a very pokey massage. The thai massage involves a lot of poking of pressure points. and digging into muscles, not in the relaxing comforting way, but in the rearranging your muscles way. After traveling and carrying a backpack for 2 weeks, this is not what I had hoped for! While I felt good after, the poor man could tell that it was painful for me. He just kept laughing...I think that was kind of rude, but he probably didn't know what to do, or was completely grossed out by my million mosquito bites, and was trying to figure out what to say.
I thought about waiting until the mosquito bites had cleared, but I am just resigned to looking like I have the plauge - so far I have not seen ANYONE with this many bug bites, so maybe they all just think we have the chicken pox - but no one has denied us a room, so that's reassuring. We're off to find a pharmacy and some more anti-itch cream pretty soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment