Friday, July 18, 2008

Mozzie Net

At first, sleeping under a mosquito net might seem kind of exotic or romantic-the mesh fabric draped around the bed and all flowy-this mesh cloth cascading out from a circle centered above the bed... Are you feeling the mood yet? Well, that's how it appears from the outside-almost like a romantic movie. Well, there is a reason mosquito nets aren't used in many movies, and I don't think it has to do with picture quality.

Lewis and I have done without the mosquito net until now, and even with bug spray have suffered from it. Tonight we decided it was a necessity, since our "beach bungalow" is up in the trees. Having spread the netting around the bed (with the foresight to be inside the netting during the process) I promptly realized that the fan was blowing the netting all over the bed. I then attempted to secure the netting by tucking the edges in under the mattress. I had just barely gotten it to fit when Lewis called up from the shower for his towel. Crap.

I am again ensconced in the netted anti-paradise, and better not have any bug bites tomorrow! Oh, and now we are trying to figure out how to share the top sheet we were given-the problem being that it is actually a fitted sheet. Slightly problematic given that we're so hot that we don't want to be even close to touching. Paradise...just keep thinking about the lovely beach that will be sunny again in a few hours...
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Teri said...

hee hee.

that is such a moment from a romantic comedy, you getting the net all set and then Lewis calling for you right when you were settled. too funny.