Saturday, July 12, 2008

Picture This


Many people have asked about the squat toilets, and so I thought I'd offer a little lesson. In this picture you can see the toilet itself. It is very narrow - almost impossible to put your feet on the two sides as intended, so I usually leave my feet on the ground - a wider stance allows for better balance. You would squat facing the door, in all instances. Around the toilet you can see the necessary accessories - a bucket for flushing, a hose to use as a "bidet feature" (spelling? I am not so hot withe french), and a garbage can for the toilet paper. Notice - there is no toilet paper in this bathroom - you bring your own if you are not a fan of using the hose. (Which I can never figure out how to do without drenching my clothes, so I pack around mini-kleenex packages!

No comments: