Sunday, July 27, 2008

Motorcycle Adventure!

Today was another grey day, and so we decided we needed an adventure. Everyone has motorcycles for rent, and we thought, why not! at about $5 per 24hours, it seemed pretty cheap, and they had automatic motorcycles (aka mopeds) which seemed managable. As you can see from the pictures, we were quite stylish on our adventure - we needed the sunglasses because it was raining the whole time! It started to spit a bit just as we signed the paperwork, and decided, what the heck, we wanted to have some fun. Luckily it wasn't a downpour!

Lewis had more eperience on two wheels than I did, and it was hard not to let my legs hang down off the sides becuase I was nervous. Not that I guess my two feet could stop all that weight if I needed to - it just made me feel safe, kind of like training wheels! I wanted to go really fast on the paved straight-aways, but Lewis was more cautious. As you can see the bikes didn't come with helmets. I thought I was zipping along in the lead, and looked down and saw I was going 40 - yikes, that's alot for no helmet. Of course I then realized that it was in kmph, not mph. Small difference. So - I'm not Danica Patrick, but close! It was also difficult because I was not able to turn very well. Quite poorly, in fact, and I was not at all able to turn when I was accelerating. This caused many interuptions in my momentum. The brakes also wouldn't work completely when going downhill. For all it looked a new moped, I was not thrilled with it's performance! It was a blast, and I hope that when Kate gets here she wants to go on an adventure!

As I was trying to finish this another torrential downpour started, and I'm so glad that I'm back! Lewis had gone out for some photographing, and he came back drenched!

Side Note - Pictures won't load now, so I'll add them later!

No comments: